Monday, July 07, 2008

Reflectons of God's Beauty

Submitted anonymously

Greetings All,

I spent this holiday weekend looking at and experiencing the beauty God made! On the way back to Denver from Lake Granby yesterday, we went through Rocky Mountain National Park. We saw Elk (we thought they were moose) but after we all got out of the cars and got closer, Darrell told us they were not moose but Elk. Anyway, they were huge and we were so excited. In Rocky Mountain National Park, there were mountains we could see well over 14,500 feet. The drive was absolutely splendid! Yes, I was doing it. You now I asked God for a Volvo Cross Country so I could take road trips and now I am doing it… We continued to drive home and then went to the top of the Continental Divide. Yes, the top of the Continental Divide! It was one of the most magnificent views I've ever seen. I have never been there, what a blessing.



As we approached a little above 12,000 feet, surrounded by the clouds, I realized I was right at one of God's footstools. Yes, we could actually touch the clouds. It was so magnificent that my stomach began to quiver (okay, my tummy was completely turning), my heart began to race, and I thought I would lose the little breakfast I'd had that morning. But even while the rush came over me, I realized that I was experiencing splendor that could only come from a creator.

Of course the crew was laughing at me because when we hit 12,000 feet someone else had to drive down a while, but I would not trade the experience at all. 12,000 feet… WOW is all I can say, our God is truly an awesome God and I am grateful that he blesses me in spite of who I am.

I hope you all had a blessed 4th of July.

No comments: