Friday, May 16, 2008

Dreams (Submitted Anonymously)

Dreams (Anonymous Submission)

I received a wonderful reminder of information from a friend of mine who is able to interpret dreams. She knows that I am struggling right now and have been fretting. I have been trying to work out my trust and anger issues. Yes, it is true that faith is easy when things are in order and going as we'd like, but when we feel like our lives are out of control, prisons, or living hells, we freak out. This is a excerpt from a woman named Victoria Bryson, with a little commentary from me, that I believe expresses what we experience and what we can expect when we are struggling. It reminded me of the time my now 7 year old fell and broke her collar bone. We had no idea what was wrong. She could not get comfortable and everything was still moving so we did not sense there were any broken bones. That evening, I got her out of her bed and took down to the coach in hopes of easing her pain and crying. I laid her on top of me and she was able to find a perfect spot. She stopped crying and slept. I of course did not sleep but she rested perfectly. That morning we took her and learned of her broken collar bone. She found her rest in (on) me. I have been reminded time and time again that I must find my rest in the Lord. It is not easy for me with all that is piling up, but I am trying. There are days even nights when I can't shut my brain off. I am searching for answers, change, and beating myself up for ending up in my predicament. I believe the Lord warned me but I did not listen. He has forgiven me but I cannot seem to forgive myself. And my sin of disobedience is right in front of me.



"…Zechariah 9:12 gives us the answer we are looking for. Why are we going through what we are going through? It says, 'Return to your fortress, O prisoners of hope; even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you.' God says, 'Even now I announce to you that not only will I restore to you all that has been taken from you, but I will give you double for all the trouble you have endured.' He says, 'Don't stop now...keep trusting Me, because I can see your future and it is very blessed. Keep walking with Me and keep trusting in Me and I will give you rest.'



'Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest' (Matthew 11:28). When we have learned to 'rest' in God in the midst of our storm, God is mightily blessed. Because it proves to Him that we trust in His goodness no matter what our circumstances are.
It pleases Him very much when we trust in Him, and when He is pleased He will burst forth blessings from Heaven. He just cannot help Himself, He loves to bless those who trust in His goodness. He, as He did for Israel in Zechariah 9:12, will stand up and announce to all that He is proud of you and intends to restore double to you for your continued trust in Him through all you have endured."



The devotion or inspirational writing also spoke of staying in the fortress until the Lord releases us. We may think of our fortress as a prison because we are not moving as we would like but it might actually be our place of protection. I know I have cried out, screamed out to the Lord that I have felt as if I were dying, yes I have even gone so far as to exclaim that I feel as if I am already in a coffin. I have thought about physical death and how much more comforting it might be. He has not taken me away, so apparently that is not his plan right now. I must go back a reassess and try to learn of his ways and perfect plan. One of his promises is to protect us, not smother us. This journey has been unbelievable for me, but I am still on the path inching forward. I want to be ready when the Lord opens the floodgates, I want to be ready. I must remember I told the Lord that I could not go on as I was and would not go into 2008 the same. He started moving on December 31, 2007, wow, what a whirlwind.

No comments: