Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rest In Peace, Thelma Llorens





"THE dying need but little, dear, --
A glass of water's all,
A flower's unobtrusive face
To punctuate the wall,

A fan, perhaps, a friend's regret,
And certainly that one
No color in the rainbow
Perceives when you are gone."

Emily Dickinson


I lost a good friend on Saturday.

I'm glad that she's no longer suffering and feel comfort in knowing she has received her crown in Glory.

Yet, I can't help but wish I'd let her know just how much she truly meant to me. But, somehow, I think she did.

May God Bless the Llorens Family and Our Mother of Mercy Catholic Church, Houston

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

I, too, think she knew how much she meant to you. I was not blessed to have met Mrs. Llorens. However, I feel like I knew her because you often spoke about her and how much you admired, loved and respected her. You and she enjoyed some of the same simple pleasures - like those small, meaty, wild pecans that she would send to you when she visited Cane River in the fall - just this same time of the year. You also shared a mutual love for God and the Church. It is not in our words that we let others know just how much they mean to us. It is in an unspoken communication of mutual respect, love, admiration and in our day-to-day personal small acts of kindness and in giving silent thanks for having those special persons like Mrs. Llorens in our lives.

My prayers and sympathy to the Llorens family and to you in the loss of a very special person.