Thursday, November 27, 2008

Give Thanks for Friends

The Bible tells us that to have a friend, we must be a friend. I woke up this morning. That's the first thing I'm thankful for.

I was in my right mind (somewhat - LOL), that's the second thing for which I'm thankful. And, of course, my family woke up with me.

I called my "cousin" Sandy who was making gumbo today and asked her to save me a bowl. And, boy, was I thankful that she said "sure." I haven't had gumbo in over a year. My mother-in-law is like the "Queen of Gumbo," but since she retired out-of-state, I don't get to enjoy it very often.

I turned on the dishwasher and then threw a load of clothes in the washing machine.

I poured myself a nice hot cup of coffee. This morning I used soy today instead of Coffeemate because it's supposed to be good for you. I was thankful that I had soy because with the rising cost of everything, so many people don't have milk or coffee or sugar or even a home. So, I was thankful for that cup o'joe.

Then, as always, I turned on the computer to check my email.

There was a beautiful ecard waiting for me from my friend Sue Ann who lives up north. It brought tears to my eyes. Sue Ann and I met years ago when we worked for the same company. We clicked instantly (I think it's our Southern roots) and we've been friends ever since.

We have so much to be thankful for - the least of which is our friends, both near and far.

Make a friend's day today.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Dot

No comments: