Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dear Mama

Mama, I can't believe that today marks one full year since you've been gone. It feels like yesterday you were here. Your presence is everywhere and in almost everything I do. There are so many things I want to tell you. At least once every two weeks, the telephone will ring and for a fleeting moment, I think it's you calling. I hope you know how much John, Simone and I truly loved you. I appreciate what good care you took of Daddy. I visit your grave and remember that you and Daddy are side-by-side, together again. I know you are at peace. No more suffering. I am so happy that we were able to share moments of prayer and I miss calling you on Sunday morning to tell you to turn on Joel Osteen.

We thank you so much for your legacy. Please give Daddy a kiss and tell him that the economy is horrible right now, so I always remember what he used to tell me to "keep what you got, til you get what you want, and then you'll have what you need." (smile)

Love you and think of you every day,
Always,
Dotson

No comments: