Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's A New Day!


I went to bed last night full of angst. Nothing I could pinpoint, just a feeling of uneasiness. . .tossed and turned all night, woke up exhausted.

I actually thought about going back to bed. My "grown-up" self took charge and made me get dressed and out of the house.

One foot in front of the other.

Stopped at Starbucks and got a bowl of their new oatmeal. . .it was somewhat gooey, but the toppings helped it to go down. I don't really like oatmeal but a woman "of a certain age" must watch her cholesterol count ;0

I'm halfway through my tall cup of Pike's Place Blend and guess what. . .I think I'm going to get through the day. . .well, at least the morning.

Thank God for waking up.

1 comment:

Gizmo said...

Every morning that we awake and see the sun, we should thank the Lord. Each day we are reminded of his glory- the sky; the mountains; our oceans, lakes and streams; plants, flowers, all types of greenery; our children's smiles; memories of our loved ones; experiences good and bad and his grace and mercy as we progressed through all. He never said the Christian life would be easy. I would say it is a daily challenge, but we have opportunities to grow, love, learn, expand, and be different or better than we were before. I am glad you woke up today too and had some new experiences. I do not understand everything about our Lord nor (in my limited capacity) agree but he knows all and his way is the best no matter what we think or feel. The Bible says he loves us without condition and we must give thanks, even when we don't want to. I am thankful each day, yes indeed and thank you for reminding me that I need to be thankful each day, no matter what. I also loved the little puppy, God makes beautiful creations.