Thursday, September 18, 2008

If Not For the Love of God, Where Would You or I Be?

I want to share the following true testimony which was shared with me this morning. This comes from a very old and dear friend.

I just have to tell someone about God's goodness to me this morning.

Last night I dreamed as I was driving on the freeway a Cherokee Jeep came into my lane at the last minute and at that point the dream ended. I immediately started praying and quoting warfare scriptures against the enemy for anything he was going to try to do to me and my family.

As I pulled out of my driveway I kept declaring the word of God all the way to the Vallejo Ferry building. Once I got out of my car and locked it, I started walking to the traffic signal. I could see that it was green for me to walk across and people had already started across and made it. The counter on the light read 11 when I started to proceed across the green light (thinking that I could at least walk to the middle of the traffic light and wait until it changes to green again before going the rest of the way). Next thing you know, I paused for some reason and a car came barreling through (its red light) my green light in front of me. He did not try to slow down or anything. At first I could not believe my eyes and looked to make sure that his light was red, and it was.

HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE GRACE OF GOD THIS MORNING AND EVERYDAY WHERE WOULD I (YOU) BE. His word says his angels are encamped about those who "fear" him. He also said he would never leave us nor forsake us. That is why I always pray that Psalms 91 be in effect (look this scripture up -- dynamic!).

God is good and I vowed at 10 1/2 years old that I would serve the Lord and never go back. I thank the Lord for keeping me all of these 40 1/2 some years.

Even in the hard times, it pays to serve the Lord. He is good and his mercy endureth forever.

1 comment:

Gizmo said...

Thank you for sharing this testimony. We don't share enough of our testimonies. I am always uplifted when I hear what God has done.
Again, thank you.