Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Mama! Rest In Peace

Mama, it's been six months since you left us and it seems like only yesterday. Actually, I still can't believe you're gone. I've avoided looking at the calendar this morning because it's so hard to see "June 10," and not pick the telephone up to call you or walk over to knock on your door.

I'm really staying on top of Linda to keep your roses in bloom and Bonnie is staying on top of both of us to make sure your hard gardening work was not in vain. I feel your presence everywhere. I know you and Daddy and having a wonderful time in your new home. Kiss him for me and tell him how much I miss him.

Even though you never liked telling your age - Happy 84th Birthday!! LOL (gotcha) ;)

Thinking of you today and always.

Love you forever,
Dot

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Happy Birthday, Mama!
You would have been proud of me on yesterday. One of my co-workers has a cottage in Sonoma and she grows these beautiful roses. Well, I knew what the Sterling Silver rose and other roses were in her bouquet of many different kinds of roses because you had the first Sterling Silver rose bush - way back when nobody had one - it was quite the attraction in your little rose garden that you were so proud of, in the front yard of our little white house, trimmed with green, on the corner!

Oh, by the way, as you can see, the hydrangea at "Aunt Kitty's house" is in bloom and gorgeous.

Happy Birthday!
Love,
Bonnie