Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Beware of the Ducks

Today my prayer is personal.

I ask the Lord to protect me from being "pecked to death by ducks." I once heard the famed poet/author Maya Angelou, speak many years ago on "Oprah" about being "pecked to death by ducks." She used this phrase to describe people who make it their business to tear you apart, piece by piece. If we do not hold strong to our faith and remain centered, we can easily fall prey to these often subtle attacks.

Make it a great day - and Watch Out for the Ducks!

1 comment:

Gizmo said...

Wow, this was a blessing for me to read today. I have been approached by those ducks and they have been pecking. I've asked the Lord for protection and while I often struggle, I believe he will protect me from them. I must, as you say, hold to my faith- tightly. God is good even when we don't understand what he is allowing.