Friday, August 22, 2008

Honk, If You Love Geese ;)


My sister and I went for a "power walk" the other evening the Marina. Okay, so it was more like a stroll. Anyway, I think we burned a few calories

We stumbled upon a "gaggle of geese." They were so calm in demanor and they let me get right up on them and take their pictures. I had not really given much thought about geese before. Actually, the only time I mention the word "geese" is during the holidays when I'm singing "The 12 Days of Christmas." I tend to think of ducks more often - maybe because the Aflac duck is always in my face.

Anyhow. . .when I stood amongst these creatures, ready to snap my camera phone, I thought about how blessed I was to be standing, walking, talking, laughing, praying - ALIVE. Thank God for all his creatures, big and small.

And. . .the next time YOU stumble upon a gaggle of geese, or even one goose - remember to HONK and think of this post.

TGIF!!

1 comment:

Gizmo said...

Thanks for sharing the Geese with us. We live near a park and have ducks and geese almost year around. I always loved to take my children to feed the ducks and geese. When my youngest was about 2, we took her and noticed that the geese were almost larger than she. Now of course, they would walk right up to her to get the bread and almost snatch it. We would laugh and say those geese are probably thinking, “forget about these bread crumbs, we’ll take the little girl.” She was a tiny little thing. Anyway, God gave me a love of animals. I always said if I did not have an adversity to blood and hospitals, I may have been a vet. I’ve however, been blessed with many pets over the years.