Wednesday, July 04, 2007

In Memory of My Daddy


My Dad died on July 4, 1996 - Independence Day. I like to think that it was the day the Lord took away Daddy's pain and suffering and set him free so that he might have eternal life. He was a wonderful man, a big man, a kind man, a gracious man and a humble human being. Even though it has been 11 years - it seems like yesterday.

When I took this picture of the Koi Fish Pond at The Embassy Suites, I thought how Daddy would have appreciated the beauty of this simple pond of Koi. . .I thank God that I had such a wonderful father and ask you to pray for me today that I might get through the day knowing that he is in a better place.

Peace and Blessings,

Dot

1 comment:

Gizmo said...

I hope that as the days pass you will find joy, laughter, and reasons to smile as you revisit the memories of your father. We don't always understand God's will or his plan. There are days when I can feel his presence and I am good. There are days when I cannot grasp the day and fall to my knees with pain, but I think as we grow we learn to accept our place and his holiness.